A website is a set of data and information which is available on internet for a reader to gain in depth knowledge about a particular subject.
In today’s time a website is considered to be the face value of a company and hence drawing “the perfect” layout of a website with respect to its look & feel, visibility, readability and most importantly the SPEED is very important.
Site speed reflects how quickly a website responds to web requests. Speeding up websites is important — not just to site owners, but to all Internet users.
Faster sites create happy users and we’ve seen in our internal studies that when a site responds slowly, visitors spend less time there. Website speed is an important factor for the usability of a website, as well as for Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Mobile users expect website speeds to be a little faster due to the internet connection and 18% of mobile users will abandon a site if it doesn’t load in 5 seconds. 30% of mobile users will abandon a site if it doesn’t load in 10 seconds. So ensure your website is optimized for mobile.
A slow website will deter users and force them to use your competition instead. This is the primary reason that it is one of Google’s key search algorithm factors.
Here are some facts about website speed you should know:
- 40% of internet users will abandon a website if it takes longer than 3 seconds to load.
- 47% of internet users expect a website to load in 2 seconds or less.
- 70% of internet visitors who think your website speed is too slow won’t return to your website again.
- 80% of a web page’s load time is spent downloading different elements of the page. For example, images, style sheets, widgets, etc. Remember, even small widgets can have a major effect on site speed.
- Finally 51% of mobile users say that they have found a website via their mobile device that crashes, freezes or errors.
- Websites to check your website speed:
- GT Metrix
- Google PageSpeed Insights
- Dot-Com Tools
- Pingdom Tools
Hence, we conclude that Website speed is very important for the company’s online business.